Tuesday, December 6, 2016

St. Nikolaus


St. Nikolaus came to the
Kish Riley dolls!

December 6th is St. Nikolaus day.

The kids clean their boots in the evening of December 5th and put them at the front door.

 Then St. Nikolaus will come and fill them with goodies.

But only the nice kids get the good stuff. The naughty ones get a switch.




We got goodies!

Of course, we are nice little girls.

I woke up and ran to the door and found my boot filled with an apple, Lebkuchen, a mandarin, and a golden chocolate Nikolaus.

Mom said we need to eat breakfast first and then we can choose one thing before school.



 This is my boot.

I was nice, too!

St. Nikolaus filled my boot with all of my favorite sweets.

Thank you, dear Nikolaus.

My mom told me the story of the old man. He lived a long time ago in Syria, I guess.
He was a Bishop and helped the poor and especially the kids. He gave them food and sometimes even money.

But first, Breakfast.

Which sweet should I choose?

Analee will pick the mandarine and I will pick the Lebkuchen.
 Here you can see our nice decoration on top of the shelf.

We made the red glitter star ourselves.

We still have the glitter everywhere.

In the bed and even in my hair.
So maybe I am a Christmas angel now.

Analee brings all the dirty dishes to the sink. The cleaning will have to wait till after school.

"Analee bring the advent calendar, please. We can open the door for today."

But now we have to hurry to school!

No comments:

Post a Comment